View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: my solution to the gay marriage argument

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Moral relativism at its most absurd.

Go and start a society on an island that has only gays and get back to me in 70 years with a census, OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... irrelevent. No one is suggesting starting a society. Everyone in a society does not need to reproduce.

Regarding gays and children- Gay parents can adopt and raise children to which they should receive the same tax breaks as any other parent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad someone finally came out and said this.

There are only TWO situations that can arise with adoption:

1) You adopt from the foster care system, in which case there is ALREADY a system in place that offers government financial assistance for the adopting parent(s).

2) You adopt a brand new pink one from an unwed mother who enters her name into the system as a potential newborn adoptee. In THIS case, you have to come up with anywhere from $5000 to $40000 out of pocket to go through this process. If you have that kind of money to pay for a baby, you don't need a small tax break from the government per annum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of hard to believe, but your posts are going downhill fast. I would have thought you proclaiming that you don't want the tax code to subsidize someone's sexuality (while openly supporting the code that support's someone's sexuality) was about rock bottom, but apparently there was room further south.

[/ QUOTE ]

/facepalm

I would highly advise that you look into adoption before attacking my posts.

The simply fact is that what I explained is exactly how the adoption system works. You either take a kid out of the foster system. Or you pay out the nose for a little pink one.

I know a couple who is adopting infant twins.

EDIT: and for christ sakes. How many times do we need to explain that this isnt about man/woman sex, it's about raising children. man/woman can produce children, man/man cannot!