View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone hating Guy`s c/r (JJ-hand) so badly. Especially against Gold I quite came to like it after thinkin about it a bit (dont know if Guy`s thoughts were the same though,lol).

Assumptions:

1. I hope we all agree that he should at least call Gold`s bet on the turn.
Let`s say he calls the 25k --> pot is 91,000
2. Since Gold always talks about running big bluffs and crap like that, we are in a vulnerable position against him after just having called his turn raise cause he might think he can get away with a big river bet.
3. Gold will DEFINATELY bet big on the river after just being called on the turn with this board and alomst any card could be SCARY: ANY CLUB, ANY CARD THAT PAIRS THE BOARD SINCE HE COULD HAVE TWO PAIR AS WELL ALREADY AND WE`RE ALREADY BEHIND ON THE TURN, A TEN, ANY OVERCARD,Q,K,A COULD BEAT US!
4. I assume that most of the people here would call a decent sized river bet against the candidate for "best bluffer in the world", and decent would be about half the pot --->around 50k
5. Even Gold is not retarded enough to bluff-raise the river after being checkraised on the turn (he always gets really defensive when that happens and starts his speeches), which is actually a fact, cause he didnt bet after Guy checked to him on the river.

So the possible outcomes are:

1. We call his turnbet and call the riverbet of about 50k, and have no clue if the jacks are good.
2. We put in the 50k on the turn, which we would call off on the river ANYWAYS and have a better feeling when Gold gives away his hand after our checkraise by saying: "you ever bluff or no, is it possible?". If he has us beat he rereraises the turn and we lose the extra 50k from the reraise, but we would have lost them anyways if we just call the turn and he bets the river and has us beat.
Upside: we might win an extra 50k because the donk might actually call our c.r with a worse hand and check the river cause he gets scared if he doesnt make the nuts...

Comments appreciated...

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no magic extra 50K. If we lost the same playing it one way, we would win the same