View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Off Topic — Cool story IMO

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan,

Start a blog on those teams. I'm not kidding, if you start a blog and show it to those teams, they might let you cover them for your blog. It's not a guarantee but I know of quite a few people who do this for other pro/college teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not be familiar with the Toronto sports media... we have 4 daily newspapers, 3 full time sports channels, 3 national networks, and a sports radio station. All of them have beat reporters for each team. I think one of the National networks has hooked up with a sports channel, so there's now only 10. Plus Canadian Press. And the Hockey News for the Leafs. And columnists from the papers often travel with the Leafs as well, less often with the Raps & Jays.

I don't want to say that the Toronto sports media market is oversaturated, but I know what kind of car Tie Domi drives, and who he's having sex with, and he doesn't even play for the Leafs anymore. The cover story of the Toronto Sun last week was one of the Leafs having nude pictures released on the internet.

Nice idea, but I have a better chance of being elected to parliament.

Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot: We also have Leafs TV & Raptors TV - channels devoted, 24/7, to the teams.