View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Hows about a double barrel?--OESD

[ QUOTE ]
You do have a gutshot, though, so betting's not really that bad.

[/ QUOTE ] No, he has an OESD. Sometimes, checking behind to have pot control is better especially when you're on just a draw then spew betting.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, the implied odds if we hit the straight are very good. Say villain has Ax and he calls my 2 barrel, followed by an A dropping on the river. He thinks he has made the best hand, I bet hard (sometimes more than full pot), he insta calls and I fist pump. If he calls my turn bet and I miss, losing the hand, then I have lost much less than I would have potentially made had I hit.

[/ QUOTE ] IMO, OSUGreg1983, the implied odds aren't great at all here. If you hit your straight on the river, that's 4 to a straight on the board (meaning there are 4 cards to make a straight and you only need one card to hit the straight). That's like having 4 suited cards on the board. You won't get paid much off of that even if they do have just the Ax as you say. You bet hard, likely, they will fold. So essentially, ur losing more money because if you miss, you lose, and if you hit, you will get sissy change if any (usually).

When your straights or flushes are more disguised (like three to the board or two and one off) then considering implied odds is much more crucial and beneficial and accurate than when there are 4 to a board.

I won't talk much about your preflop play, but essentially, sometimes it's worthwhile raising on BTN with practically anything IF AND ONLY IF you sense the table being ridiculously tight. But anyways.. you played this to the turn, and I would definately check here. Get your free card, lose less money (from my explanation above), and valuebet made hand.