Thread: NL25 QQ hand
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: NL25 QQ hand

I really don't like all the talk of getting this in PF. I think even though his reraise is a minreraise, 4betting here I think is pretty bad, if the money does go in after we 4bet, we certainly aren't ever ahead, and our 4bet might cuase him to fold a lot of his hands, and we miss out on his cbet and continued postflop action.

I assume we are c/f'ing the turn, thats fine. River check is also fine, as long as you understand we are calling a river bet.

Flop play is interesting. Arguments certainly can be made for all sorts of different actions. And I'm sure some people might like a lead or a c/r. However, I will attempt to say why I think c/c is best.

We don't know much about villains 3betting and subsequent cbettnig range. We also don't know if he plays draws passivly or not. We can assume when he cbets this flop that a resonable opponents range is something like "AKo/AQo, AhKh, AhQh, TT, JJ, KK, AA." Perhaps slightly wider, however, the problem w/ leading into this range is that all but AKo/AQo and JJ are likely raising you here, and your lead may even cause AKo/AQo and JJ to fold, and we woul dhave lost value vs a c/r. If we assume he would cbet his strong FD's and overpairs, I think we can also assume a c/r is never going to get called by worse hands, and that he will also always be calling or shoving our c/r with his strong hands and FDs.

PLus depending on the turn card, c/c'ing the flop opens up lots of options for us on later streets and we can extract more vs his more marginal hands.