View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: FR Theory - stack sizes and how you should modify to them

[ QUOTE ]

But I'm interested - with say 40 BB, if you are say 2 or 3 off the button, would you open raise with 22-66? Or is KT > 44 with these stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd usually fold 22-66 IP with these stacks, unless fold equity is very good (those left to play are more likely to fold than call/raise).

Is KT>44 with these stacks? No I wouldn't say that, neither are much good at these stacks, even in late. 44 is better if you're on the button/SB and there's several limpers, as you can play for set value.

[ QUOTE ]

With 30-50 BB position does seem to really matter, not so much when you hit the flop because you're not folding tptk without very good reason. But being oop with stuff like AQ and missing the flop gets awkward. c-betting can sometimes commit you to the pot with nothing more than overs. Basically sizing 3 bets and c-bets with these stacks is quite an art form, but obv profitable if you get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find if you size the preflop bet right, you set yourself up better. For example, at 25BB, you can open-raise 3xBB with AQ, and if you don't hit and the flop isn't scary, you can c-bet into a HU, predictable player no problem. You can also easily check-fold against a tricky guy (not every time of course).