Thread: $27 bankroll
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was using some aggressive bankroll management, but I wouldn't say that I did anything that was outright reckless.....buying into a $200NL table for $80 with a bankroll of $84...play a level with as long as I had more than 2 buy-ins for it

[/ QUOTE ]
All you did was play recklessly with your br who are you trying to kid lol. That post belongs in BBV not in a beginner post asking for advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should also keep in mind that bankroll doesn't mean the same for everyone. If you just bet that you can turn x amount into y in a specific time. X is not your bankroll. You can always reload with the rest of what really is you bankroll...

The situation that is described here sounds a little like that. Additionally you could be in other situations where "aggressive bankroll management" can be correct. Let's say you just a big part of your bankroll because you had to turn it into non-poker money for some reason. If have played 400NL before and now have only 1000$ left you could try to start at 100NL, because you are fairly confident that you can beat it, especially if you are able to reload.

However as this is a beginner's forum I think this is horrible advice and so I agree with Donkenstein. Just wanted to explain, so that a beginner would be able to judge for himself