View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: 1/2NL live - KK river play

If you check the turn, then pick an amount you'd be willing to call on the river, and then bet/fold that amount. XdXd has a backdoor flush. And any 4x hand, like 44 for MP, has a straight. I'd bet $75 at the river, and fold to anything more than a min-raise.

I think check/raising is bad on the turn because it pretty much guarentees that you'll play for stacks by the river if both players don't fold right away. If the idea of checking was for pot control, which isn't a bad thing given stack sizes and your bad position, then check/call the turn, and bet/fold the river. The flop is dry enough that one of the villain's might have easily called your cb with a set, for example, planning to get a bigger pot to bet/raise on the turn. So, I think it is better to play in a way that leaves you enough room to get away with some of your stack if you ran into a big hand.

Another line besides c/c or c/r the turn that leaves you some maneuver room would be to just fire again at the turn for $75 planning to fold to a raise from the deep stacked villain. If the turn then goes call/call, you can fire $75 at this river planning to fold to a push from the deep stack.

As played, I think you need to call the $100, but you are only going to win about 20% of the time. But you have to call since you're getting better than 4:1 on your money.