View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: 60 120 live comm

Gabe and I are meeting The Dude for lunch. We're waiting in front of the mid-stakes board when The Dude calls me and says he's just exiting the freeway he'll be there in two minutes. I turn to tell Gabe and he's sitting down to play at a new game. "Sit down, Andy," says he. I say, "The Dude is here, he'll be here in two minutes, we can't start this game."

"Sure we can," says Gabe. "If one of us draws the button we can get a bunch of free hands."

"Gabe," says I, "I play with these people virtually every day, I can't start a game and play three hands and leave."

"C'mon," says Gabe, "what's with this nice sh*t?"

So we draw for the button, Gabe draws the ace of spades, he gets the button and I'm in the cut-off. We both fold every hand to our big blind and cash in as The Dude comes in for lunch.

In the restaurant, says I to Gabe, "You happy now?"

"You know how much theoretical money we made?" replies Gabe.

"Good," says I, "you can pay for lunch with that theoretical money."

"Bullsh*t. Only if you have a theoretical lunch," he retorts, having the final word, as is his wont.

Then there was the time he beat my 5-4-2-1 badoogie. I check-called the river (or whatever the last betting round is called). I'm still waiting for him to tell me the odds of that.