Thread: The 1 hour run
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: The 1 hour run

first off, good job getting some exercise into your life (seriously)

secondly, just straight up running and doing nothing else is probably not a great idea as eventually you will burn out of it(this will happen) and mixing in other exercises will prolong this from happening as well as challenging your body in other ways

thirdly, running EVERYDAY (i assume you actually do mean every single day with absolutely no days off) is pretty bad for your body (even if its only a few miles each day)... your body definitely needs at least 1 rest day per week (or at least 1 day of something less intensive... maybe just 1 hr of mild walking?)

fourth, have you considered adding weight lifting into your routine? I combined weight lifting with the exercise I got from my ultimate frisbee teams workouts and dropped about 60 lbs my freshman year of college (now a senior, have not gained the weight back)... lifting will build muscle (ldo) but also will help you tone and tighten your (soon to be) loose skin as well as adding even more variety (and in my case became something I really enjoy)

just some suggestions, but keep up the good work, it definitely WILL pay off if you keep committed to it