View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Player posts blind before previous pot is scooped

I think any floor person would be hard pressed to make a ruling in this case. People who are trained in such things are used to things being done properly, ie. the dealer is expected to bring in and then push the pot. So situations such as this aren't really to be expected
That being said:
As the floor, I would encourage the players involved to make a gentleman's agreement, so as to not hold up the game by having to call for to check the tape. If their was no tape, or the tape was inconclusive, I would have to err on the assumption that somewhere along the line proper procedure was maintained (player didn't post his blind in the pot) and award the entire pot as it stands to the player who won the previous hand.
Most poker floor persons make their final ruling in the assumption that something was done right along the way, and under the "if it costs you money this time, you won't do it again" premise. History has show us that if you punish someone for doing something stupid once they are unlikely to repeat it.