View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Default NL25: Shove with overpair. Spew?

I forgot to rebuy up to max stack after losing the last couple of hands. I hadnt been at the table long but had been pretty aggressive pre-flop. However I had been floated and turn raised the last couple of hands, to which I had folded and the table after 20 hands seemed to be made up of 4 fairly solid players (15/15, 12/12 etc ) type players who I guess would be capable of picking up on things, and the one fish-buddy who I had followed there (not the villain of the hand)

Firstly is the pf call too loose. Its slightly over 10% of my stack but the possibility of getting re-raised light edged my call

The c-bet was expected and the board was exactly what I was hoping for (ie one less likely to hit villain but look dangerous). How 'loose' does this re-raise need to be for a shove to put enough pressure on in this situation or is it just spew anyway?

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $32.54
SB: $25.35
BB: $29.63
UTG: $22.43
Hero (MP): $22.92
CO: $43.25

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.25</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $19.67 and is All-In</font>