View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: BJLTNYK/nutshot 07-08 CBB Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG, team that's down 35 started chucking up 3s...and some of the scrappy white /[brown/green/tan/olive/mocha] kids can shoot from 19'9"! No wai!!
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hint: It's a lot easier to shoot a 3, or get an open look over the 14th guy on the team than Ginyard and Green.

Iona made 25 baskets and 9 were 3s, this is standard in a blowout. In fact, if they hadn't missed 7 FTs, you'dve lost both bets. Take away a 3 and add back some FTs, etc, etc.

Glad you won overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying but those 5 foot white kids didn't come in until 2 mins left in the game. Ginyard, Frasor, Stephenson were all still on the floor in the 2H.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try again. Players 10-16 got 25 minutes on the floor.

None of the 3 you mentioned are among the bottom 7 players on Carolina. MG is 5/6, Frasor is 7, Stephenson is #3 PF/C on the team. Graves, Copeland and Thomas aren't defensive stalwarts, and they aren't the 5'0" scrubs either.

Not being able to admit you make the occasional bad bet is a bad sign for any 'capper. Scrubs played 25% of the 2nd half for Carolina. This was very predictable. Iona was bound to have some wide-open, if not totally unguarded shots, and a decent % of them are bound to go in.

Believe me, no one would be happier than me if UNC won every game by 50+. Roy W is NOT going to run it up at home on a rookie coach from Iona.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players 11-16 got a combined 15 minutes on the floor. Ginyard and the players I mentioned came out at roughly the 2:30 mark. Graves/Thomas etc. were intermixed with the Hansbrough et al lines throughout the game mainly the 2H. At no time were they running the game by themselves. I think you're underestimating how much better 6-10 on UNC is on even 1-5 on Iona. And those guys weren't even playing together as I mentioned.

Note: 3u CHAR/MON 2H u68.5

/end rant