Thread: $27 bankroll
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Also.....use Stop/Loss limits to control steaming

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just ran $84 up to $10k plus in a period of 8 days. Clearly I was using some aggressive bankroll management, but I wouldn't say that I did anything that was outright reckless with the exception of buying into a $200NL table for $80 with a bankroll of $84 at the very beginning (you have to start somewhere and I'm unwilling to play micro stakes). Even this wasn't that reckless because I wouldn't be bothered by losing $80 bucks.

I would play a level with as long as I had more than 2 buy-ins for it. If I a buy-in or more I would just drop back down. For instance, I was playing $400NL with $1250 and lost 2 buy-ins. After this I dropped back down to a $200NL table with a full buy-in and one $20 HU sng at a time. I played these until I got back to $600 and then played 2 200NL tables + with either a $20 and $50 HU sng going at the same time.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. I have accumulated $80 from nothing on Stars thus far just playing very VERY conservative bankroll management at the .01/.02 and I have long considered taking a shot at the next game and so forth. I might make this the 5-day weekend where I take some shots to move my bankroll along because the $2K status quo I have been in for the last month plus has got to go. Granted I haven't played particularly much, but I still don't like it a whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you can win at a good rate somewhere you should be aggressive about taking shots. If you lose what you set aside for your shot, just drop back down and play where you know you can win. Rinse and repeat. There is nothing to be gained by grinding away at $10NL when you can beat it and have roll to take some shots. The experience of playing with better players and comfort you gain by playing at high stakes is more significant that any temporary loss in funds (as long as you don't completely busto).

Lucky