View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Full Ring Mods comment: Time for a split?

i'm not really in favor of a split. fr has not grown to unmanageable levels, not even close. right now the community is great, good advice in threads, etc. cmar is right with his read that it makes people feel cooler to be a rung higher than other people playing the same game. i also agree that eventually it will split.

that being said, i don't think it's a big deal and if the users really want it and make good points, we should go for it. there has to be better reasons though.

as far as splitting and modding if it happened, i would push for 100nl+ to be a forum. just 200 and up wouldnt be enough and 100/200 are v similar. i don't think we would really need to add a new mod as we already have 4 which is more than enough, we all should just be modded on both forums. if for some reason it was really felt that someone was needed, i would push for someone who plays higher stakes to help me mod the higher stakes fr forum. futuredoc comes to mind as he is very much respected in the forum and i think he'd make fair decisions. i think the_main would be awesome as well. both those guys would do a great job. to be honest, main really would fit the forum well, he participates all the time, you never seem him being snappy with anyone. he's just a good guy and a true full ring grinder.

i don't think anyone plays 200nl+ regularly on the mod team right now. i only play 200nl and 2-5 or 5-10 live. i can't remember what berge plays (i think 200nl?) and i know cmar and db both go between limits up to 200. would be nice to put in main or futuredoc in the higher forum if the split happened.

cliffs notes: not really in favor of split, if everyone wants it and brings up good points to convince me, then i'll go along. the_main would make a great mod if we did split it, i would want him on the higher limit forum with me and whoever else. i think just putting all 4 on both forums would be fine as well.