View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

You will mentor me, or I will kill this kitten.

No seriously please mentor me, winning player since '04 but still cant break through to the next level.

Mostly a cash player, but I've gone deep or scored in nlhe/horse/27triple draw/5 card draw MTTS. I have good fundamentals and poker understanding, but I'm still stuck playing low limits where everyone thinks the right way to play their top pair is to c/c the flop and c/r the turn, and I just cant stop firing apparently.

1. How you are currently improving your game
reading ssnl archives.
trying to think other peoples lines through while playing instead of my old habit of just deciding if i had the best hand and acting on that, or if i could get them to fold.
reading plo forum.
moving money away from stars and bodog [well to improve results, not game].
testing my previous theories of flop textures and when to fire/slow down, picked up a few things here by watching a good player.
trying to increase my turn/river aggression stats, getting easier with the above ^
trying to 3bet more pf, its hard to loosen my range there, but the villain giving me a lot more respect on the flop is nice.

2. Your poker goals.
Can't lie, more money is the goal.
I'd really love to improve on my NL headsup game.
Once I have a game I feel I can beat consistently I intend to set goals based on hand #'s a week, gradually increasing them every week or 2. I seem to have done worse in the past when I set monetary goals, so I'd rather set hand #s or fpps or something a little more arbitrary. However, I still have the goal of cashing 15k by March, and 50k total for next year.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
<100nl now, some <5/10 limit hu, <50plo. small winner all 3.
~7k mtt earnings (out of ~150mtt, <15-20 buyins over $20)
~6k cash earnings

4. Sorry dont have any quality strategy posts, I thought I could figure out and dominate poker by myself until a few months ago. I am a thinking player and am pretty capable at hand analysis.

5. winning aggressive player [with leaks] needs help!
In my former life I was a php coder and web developer, I'm good with php/c/perl/mysql and also done a good amount of video editing w/ video vegas (produced a 15min frag movie [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

I play 20-30 hours a week currently but if was winning would and not constantly underrolled it would be a lot more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], winnings in the last 5mos are @ ~2000