View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Oh man this is a Sick idea, It is EXACTLY what I need to improve my game!

I started playing just over 15months ago and had built up from micro limits to 5/10, but didn’t really last long at 5/10. That is when I realised my nitty playing style needed to be changed.
I have read several books and read articles everyday after a session. And also am a long time lurker in this wonderful forum!

Ok so 1: How you are currently improving your game?

I am actively getting coaching by “billyjex” to help me relearn the game, and start thinking outside raising the nuts only, I am also on bobos waiting list for his training programme… To take myself back to basics I have started to coach a friend from uni (and stake him) in microstakes (where I feel being a nit is profitable) and whatever I learn through coaching I will help him learn too.

I have started to analyse my opponents play after sessions and make detailed notes on how they play and possible lines to counteract it (only recently against a few regulars, I should have done this a long time ago). I am finding my second barrels are working a lot more against the right people etc etc..

Nb also a member of CR and x factor

2: My poker Goals:

I initially started poker for the “thrill” as im sure most people do. But soon discovered its potential. My first aim of poker was to pay for my studies (I am a Med student in UK) which it has.

Now I plan to slowly build up my life broll (separate from poker broll) and start putting $$ into investments and property that I will be able to live off “healthily” in the next 5-15 years. (an play poker on side too obv)

This also give me a lot of motivation to play my best poker possible and move up through the ranks as quickly as possible too!

So my plan in poker is to:

1: move up as soon as possible and learn as quikly as I can.
2: Use poker monies wisly and set up alternative forms of income.
3: ideally I would like to be able to play 25/50 comfortably (we can all dream [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

3: Your current stakes and past earnings

I play at NL 400 on I poker, lifetime earning around 200k (inc rakeback and a few donkament wins although I don’t like playing them as much) at 3bb/100. Best month is 30k worst month is +3k (it was a damn swongy month).

Last 5 month I have playd around 30 hrs PW (maybe more..) and won ~ 40k

4: few examples of good strategy posts you have made

This is my weakpoint, I don’t have many/ if any strategy posts. That is mainly due to me not being confident enough to post something and have it taken apart by the gazillions of better players on 2+2.

But this is something I will defiantly rectify in the future as my play becomes better and I feel more confident.

I hope this you can overlook this weakness in my case as I am REALLY motivated to be part of this!

5: a little about myself:

I am 22 year student from UK, been playing poker for little over a year. I have basically had to learn everything about poker on my own as I don’t have many other friends that play poker seriously and talk strategy with (a HUGE learning tool if u have it). .

Although I don’t know much about websites and videos, I do have a friend with an internet business who will help out if needed.

Wow that post turned out a long… sorry for the rant but I am really motivated to get involved in this.. !