View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: 25 NL. Facing all in re-raise on river, holding low pair

[ QUOTE ]
My playing stats are 31/14 and I have no read on opponent other than from the hand itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a comment on your stats. If you are just starting NL cash, you're VPIP is way too high. Probably 18-22 VPIP is a good number of hands to play. You have to be pretty damn good post flop to play with VPIP of 31. And, your PFR is way too low in comparison to your VPIP. In 6max cash games, you don't ever want to open-limp. If you are first in, raise. And you rarely want to overlimp. If your hand is worth playing, raise the limper. If it is really marginal and not worth a raise, then toss it rather than overlimping. Your PFR shouldn't be more than 4 or 5 % less than your VPIP, and even something like 22/20 or 20/18 is good. YOu will never be able to move up with stats like 31/14.

I am wondering where your high VPIP comes from. Are you complete too many hands from SB, defending your blinds too much, open limping or overlimping, or a combination. All of these are leaks, and you should work on playing fewer hands, and not playing marginal hands (like A6s) OOP.