View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of these days, when the Pats are running up the score, some coach is just going to tell their guy to take out Brady's knees and try to end his season, maybe his career.

As much as the Bills deserve it for sucking at football, running up the score pisses people off.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming it pisses the Bills off - they say otherwise:

Coach Dick Jauron
(on the Patriots going for it on fourth down)
"No, I have no problems with that. It's our job to stop them. It's not their job to do what you or we might want them to do. They are just playing football."

General manager Marv Levy
(on the Patriots going for it on fourth down)
"They played magnificiently. They are as good of a team as I have seen in quite some time. I have no gripe for players who are out there and want to excel and want to do things, and want to look good, and play with pride. It's up to us to stop them and not say 'don't throw the ball, don't do this.' No gripes at all on that."

"Sure, it gets to you," Bills free safety George Wilson said. "There was a situation like this against the Redskins a few weeks ago and some spoke up. I'm not going to do that. This is a 60-minute game and if they want to go for it on fourth down you've got to strap it up and stop it. This ain't no pity party. In this league there is no remorse."

"I don't feel bad about it," echoed Buffalo strong safety Donte Whitner. "This is football. Our job is to stop it if they want to go for it. There's nothing against them. They play hard, they play the whole game. I don't begrudge them. You have to stop it."

[/ QUOTE ]

And they also say, regardless of the game:

"It was a hard fought game, we just went out and tried to make plays, we made more plays then they did, lets give credit to their team for trying so hard, etc. etc. insert additional stock answer here."

I'm not exactly trusting anything that they're telling the press, who wants to come off as a "whiner" even if alot of people are following the same line of thinking.

Cody