View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Overpair in RR pot

[ QUOTE ]
Didnt you already make the decision on this hand by checking the flop? You either checked because you were surrendering this hand, or you wanted to get all the money in with a check-raise. So which one was it? If you were still unsure about where you stood, or what your approach for the rest of the hand was, checking was an awful move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your analysis is correct and, in a way, I think I played the hand like a fish; little bit of a brain fart. My thought, during the hand, was that I wasn't sure where I stood, given that I didn't think he would bet a missed flop in a RR pot. That analysis is flawed however, given the fact that he could easily have had 99+. That being said, however, I do feel that, given his aggression factor, there is room to proceed cautiously in this hand. Some very timid players will not bet 99/TT here very strongly, especially not in a RR pot, so I may have had a personal read here that he was very strong. So, while I think you're right about defining my line with my check on the flop, I think theres room in this hand, especially against an opponent that I feel will play his cards face up, to check and see what he does. I think when I checked, my read was strengthened and I put him on a strong hand. Believe me, this is not standard play for me.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just thinking out loud here.