View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Manning stats without Harrison vs Brady

[ QUOTE ]
Eventually what they are doing will be known by the league (not saying it's illegal) and they will react to bring the train eventually down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a large part of their success has been "find one of the top 5 QB's ever" and "hire maybe the best HC ever". I don't think that is very repeatable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

of course you're right, they have also done well in the draft and in the FA market. but the league saw what this team was doing as far back as 2003 and 2004, and has been doing the things you talked about since then (signing our free agents, etc). even in 2005 we were 1 controversial game away from hosting the AFC championship game, and last year we did play in the championship game. ironically we won in 2001 when the team was not really elite, but that means the team has been in the public eye since 2001 and elite from 2003-2007, and not much has really changed, and in fact this team is the easily the best of the bunch

ironically, the more teams pay big money for our replaceable parts (ie Damien Woody with the Lions, Daniel Graham with the Broncos, Deion Branch, the list goes on and on) the more it hurts them and helps us. their cap space gets smaller, ours gets bigger.

the Pats have basically refused to pay for what a guy has ALREADY done, their draft record has been pretty damn good, and they have all time greats at the 2 most important positions (HC and QB). I'm not sure what their doing is very repeatable, except by the Colts or until the next great QB emerges.

eventually the dynasty will end of course, but I think it will be when Brady gets old & BB retires & we start making bad personnel mistakes. ie 2-4 more years.

another random point which I'm sure you don't want to think about: the trade with the 49ers is going to give us a huge boost. that pick is likely to be around #3, which they will be able trade into 2 20ish picks and maybe more. there is an outside chance that pick turns into 3 #1's