View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Manning stats without Harrison vs Brady

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will the rest of the teams try to grab up FAs from the Pats?

[/ QUOTE ]

there aren't many. Asante & Moss are the 2 huge ones. Bruschi and Seau iirc, but I can't see them going anywhere but NE at this point.

it's very doubtful Stallworth will be back, he's due for like a $7m roster bonus. I think the Pats hope Chad Jackson (high pick from last year, just got activated) will be able to fill in his role.

the big question is if Moss will takes a discount to stay in NE, where he is winning and putting up huge #'s.

[ QUOTE ]
Will the CBs have to get larger to overcome Moss?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're talking about mb the best WR ever (at his peak). he's an extreme rarity, I'm not sure if that can/should cause a league wide adjustment.

the dynasty is still a precarious thing - a few bad FA signings and bad drafts will hurt.

though, the cap has risen enough that teams right now have a bit more room for error . this will change in a couple years though, as old contracts expire

[/ QUOTE ]

I also mean, yeah, this year they should be fine e/c those 2. But in the long run teams are going to go after their o-line and there marginally good guys. These things eventually killed other dynasties. Right now, the only guys look like the Pats would die without are Brady in all likelyhood. But guys on their D-line will eventually want more money and they aren't all that replacable especially Seymour (I know he has a long term deal), Wilfork, etc.

My point is, yes the Pats are killing now not only b/c they have better personnel, management, coaching, etc. Eventually what they are doing will be known by the league (not saying it's illegal) and they will react to bring the train eventually down.