View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
But clearly you are aware of the fact that your kids really are not the greatest kids on Earth and that you are just being wilfully blind because of the special relationship you have with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Duh. And if you ever have kids, you will think they are the greatest as well -- and I'll want to kick them across the room. That's the way it works.

[ QUOTE ]
To borrow a play from the pro-children camp these parents have no idea what they missed out on so how would they have regrets?

[/ QUOTE ]
While true, it's a little misleading. Now that I've had kids, I can tell you that I would never make the decision not to have them. I was married for 4 years without kids, so I have lived life both ways. If you choose never to have kids, you will not have that luxury. And it's quite possible you will have regrets, agree? Whereas I will never have them.

In addition, in two years my wife and I will again be alone with no children in the house. We'll be 46, and still have 30 or so years ahead of us to do whatever we want -- no strings attached.

Those 20 years of "burden" (if that's how you look at it) will be a very small price to pay, in my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.