View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
This is an excellent point FFK. You just can't understand the effect that having your own kids has on your life. I was / am in the "I'd like to kick other people's kids across the room" crowd. But my kids, of course, are the greatest kids on Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

But clearly you are aware of the fact that your kids really are not the greatest kids on Earth and that you are just being wilfully blind because of the special relationship you have with them.

[ QUOTE ]
I think a better question for the skeptics to ask is "Does anyone regret having children?" The fact that everyone here is overwhelmingly glad they did indicates to me that the benefits, while abstract, are profound.

[/ QUOTE ]

To borrow a play from the pro-children camp these parents have no idea what they missed out on so how would they have regrets?

The only way to know for sure would be to get two runs at life and have children in one and be childless in the other. Even then the answer would only be correct for that specific individual. Some people are perfectly happy being at home and not really having a social life. Others would be miserable.