View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Do you want to have children?

[ QUOTE ]
I think a better question for the skeptics to ask is "Does anyone regret having children?" The fact that everyone here is overwhelmingly glad they did indicates to me that the benefits, while abstract, are profound.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an excellent point FFK. You just can't understand the effect that having your own kids has on your life. I was / am in the "I'd like to kick other people's kids across the room" crowd. But my kids, of course, are the greatest kids on Earth.

I just sent my son off to college, and I get to see him for a couple of hours a week, at most. I miss him so much. It's impossible for someone who doesn't have children to understand.

Another huge benefit of kids is it keeps my wife and my love for each other strong. We have very differing interests, and I'm not at all certain our marriage would have lasted without kids. But when you have children together with someone, at least in our case, it bonds you together like nothing else. Everything else seems trivial in comparison.

It's not all fun and joy, however. My daughter is 16, beautiful, popular, and with a mind completely her own. No, it's not always fun.