View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Stars Microrazzament

Well, your diamonds and straight outs are pretty live so calling 4th isn't too bad... oh, wrong game. Playing stud/8 makes razz more confusing, I'm always noting suits and stuff that don't matter.

It's true, against the worst opponents I think you can call 4th. I played with someone the other day that I wanted to have position on SO BADLY but it was impossible to move, probably because of the 4 deep waiting list, probably because this guy was at the table. Any 2 cards under 8, and he was in the pot. This makes folding 4th when you catch a mild brick impossible, because a lot of the time you still have the best hand. I have a note on him where he called a completion on 3rd with a brick in the hole (K I think) and then called 4th 3-way when he paired a down card. He bluffed 5th 6th and 7th - I called him down with something really ridiculous like a T and won.

He made 50bb while I was sitting there. I made about 25 so I can't complain. That guy owes me some freakin sklansky bucks though. Several times I'd have a nice made low on 5th and he'd runner-runner me for a better one.