View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: A typical good LAG\'s preflop range?

The style you adopt should be the one the best fits into the style of the table. As you get better, you can adapt a style to each particular player at your table to exploit his weaknesses.

For example, in NL freeroll type tournies, I sometimes revert to loose passive if there is not much pf raising. I see a lot of flops cheap and fold to most of them. The implied odds are very high with most hands ending in somebody being all-in. In tournies like these, I refrain from raising pf with a hand like JJ. This is because I will always get multiple callers and when the high card hits, I'm sure I'm beat. However, if no high card hits, I can get all-in against TPTK or draw very often. So it is cheaper just to limp pf.

On the other hand, some freerolls experience the all-in scenario pf where guys are taking two nice cards and trying to double up. Here I change to very tight, very aggressive. And then there are times that there are some pf maniacs and some postflop maniacs. I will decide how to play my cards depending on who is already in the pot and who is just waiting for the action to get to them.