View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

[ QUOTE ]
"Considering that oil is $90+ a barrel and considering that Saudi's are accused of funding radical terrorist activities; spending U.S. taxpayer money and blood to defend the Saudi power structure isn't much of a bargain methinks."

According to news reports, the true value of oil is $70 per barrel. The other $20+ comes from speculation of what Bush might do to Iran now that Congress has given him the green light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this kind of reasoning or lack thereof. You should be able to make a fortune by shorting oil then. I'm willing to bet you have no position whatsoever.

[ QUOTE ]
Any intelligent person had to forsee this. It happened prior to Bush's dad going to war and it happened when it became apparent Bush would invade Iraq. Not after we invaded and the oil supply was reduced, but before the decision was even made to invade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm sure mad a killing when oil was around $60 A barell in Novermber,2006.

[ QUOTE ]
"The idea of comparing the U.S. legal system and citizen'rights to the Saudis and saying they're more or less the same is either stupid or an admission that a credible argument for supporting such system can't be made."

I am not comparing the U.S. legal system to that of the Saudi's. I am demonstrating how one cannot protect their own interests when they put human rights first. If you could, the industrialized nations would have washed their hands of the United States until they stopped executed minors.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, but I shouldn't be surprised given the above. I would normally say that you're just trolling at this point as you're not the least bit serious. However, I'm almost certain you are given the PM you sent me the other day.

[ QUOTE ]
"I keep having this nagging question, why is Iran our enemy and the Saudi's are our allies? Doesn't make an iota of sense to me. Maybe some of the folks defending having the Saudi's as our allies could explain this to me."

We don't support Iran's government because they have swore to destroy Israel, who has 250 nuclear weapons. Can you read the tealeaves?

Over 80% of the Iranians do not hate Americans, despite the fact they have all had a relative, somewhere in their bloodline, who was persecuted by the Shaw after we overthrew the elected President they loved.

Trust me. The United States of America is no better than Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is worse than us in some cases, as in the 200 lashes, however, the United States, when it talks about human rights is nothing more than a sham.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pass on the "trust me" part. We'll just have to agree to disagree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].