View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Problems with PC bluescreening - failing to boot up

Hi

Have been running my PC now for the last 3months - I had a custom spec built by a group of engineers - and everything had been working great/compatible. FWIW I am running -

Quadro Processor
Geforce 7600 XT
3 Monitors
4gb Ram
Windows Vista x64

blahblah . . I had a problem w/ the PC and they decided to reformat it . . SO

I booted the PC up fine and it was working w/ none of the drivers installed - I run 3 monitors so therefore I decided to reinstall the program I had previously been using from Nvidia's website (the appropiate one for my graphics card) - Forceware Release 163 - and the regular Windows updates.

This appears to install sucessfully - however after 10minutes the computer decided to restart itself and boot up with a blue screen error. I restart it and then it boots up with a black screen telling me:

"Boot Manager:

file: /windows/system32/DRIVERS/nustor64.sys

Info: Windows failed to load a critical system driver - is either missing or corrupt"

Is anyone familiar with this sort of problem? OR advises on how to proceed? I spoke to a friend who knows a little about the computers and suggested by Graphics Card maybe burning out or I am installing dummy drivers? (I do need the drivers to run the 3 monitors).

All the best - advice much appreciated

Chris