View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 AM

Default Re: FT200 I see what you did there

I keep seeing plays exactly like this @ 1/2 on FT. The guy who shoved gets called often as not and often as not he's holding the nuts or damn near. At times holding like K high though the guy prone to doing this with K high isn't likely to have $375 in front of him to do it with.

I can't imagine why you want to go jamming 180ish BB (assuming you just shove because if you call he's shoving any river anyway I would think) into a limped pot where the villain could have pretty much anything. I mean a random 6 beats you, even if you have the current nuts villain could be freerolling with same hand as you in clubs for a flush to beat you right?

Even if the villain is the biggest idiot in the world, he limped - he could have the nuts or air and if he's prone to doing this with air, wait til you have a good hand and he does it.

I'd happily shove with QcJc but I'd be ready for my head to explode if the river is a club and villain has Ac7C for the nut flush. I'd be sort of not thrilled but still shove with QJo but man would a flush annoy me. I might actually manage to fold a set here.