View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

[ QUOTE ]
IMO:

Looks like a 4 team race for the 2nd wild card spot if you go by record. Detroit at 6-4, Arizona, Philly, and us at 5-5.

However:

Arizona plays: SF, CLE, SEA, NO, ATL, STL. Arizona should easily beat SF, STL, and ATL, with more difficult but still easily winnable games vs SEA, NO, and CLE. IMO Arizona currently has the best shot at the 2nd WC, which makes my head explode. Arizona likely finishes with 9-10 wins. They have a tiebreaker vs Detroit, who they beat.

Detroit has a brutal schedule and without a lot of luck they have no chance at this. 2x GB, DAL, SD, MIN, KC. Detroit will be lucky to get 2 wins out of there, and will likely finish 8-8.

Philly has an even more brutal schedule than Detroit (and now no longer has their starting QB, for better or worse). NE, SEA, NYG, DAL, NO, BUF. They play 3 of the top 5 teams, along with another playoff team in Seattle. Philly will be lucky to finish 7-9.

Skins schedule is easy by comparison to Philly or Detroit, but they will still face several playoff teams. TB, BUF, CHI, NYG, MIN, DAL. Going to need at least 4 wins at the very minimum, and thats counting on Arizona to choke. Luckily with DAL at the end of the year, DAL will have clinched the division by then, meaning they will hopefully sit some players.

Not too positive. I really think Zona might get the WC, their schedule is ridiculously easy.

[/ QUOTE ]
But then again, it's Zona. Perennial chokers and a team that hasn't really proven much this year. I could definitely see them dropping one of the SF, STL, or ATL games (banking on STL, if Jackson stays healthy). IMO, the Skins can only really afford one more loss.