View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

Everyone missed tackles. Troy was horrible. James Harrison is a monster, and overall the D played fine.

On O, they had too many drives stall inside the Jets 30. The Jets did a good job of keeping Ben from working miracles with his scrambling and buying time. What is with FWP's new habit of falling down? Dookie Davenport got a lot of carries, so I don't think I'm alone is wondering why the hell FWP simply falls down all the time.

The Jets' chuck-and-duck offense drew some big penalties, and there were two timely penalties that bailed out the Jets (the hold on Haggans after the fumble through the EZ and the lame late-hit on Aaron Smith that kept a drive alive on 3rd-and-15).

The OL is a problem. Smith is getting older, Faneca is now average, Mahan is poor, Simmons is worse, and Colon can't stop f-ing up. What's worse is that it will take two years to rebuild through the draft (and for the picks to develop) and FA is not an option. OLmen are getting paid way to much in FA; I can't wait to see what a ridiculous offer a washed-up Faneca is gonna get. Good for him for getting paid, but he provides no value at the price he's gonna get.

Phil Simms gushing over Kendall Simmons and the OL helped me go from angry to full-blown, ranting monkeytilt. Tomlin has to do something; I want Kemo to see the field. If nothing else, he'll bring some intensity.