View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

What a way to end the night...

I was eyeing down this donk the ENTIREEE night at one of my $50 NL tables. I was able to accumulate a 300+ BB stack at one point but eventually started whittling down to some bad beats and some of his big river bets where I knew he had crap, but just couldn't call with marginal pocket pairs.

Then as I'm considering winding down my session, I notice that he's also been slowly being chipped away by other regulars at my table trying to get a piece of him.

So... I'm now down to roughly 200BB's only and he still has roughly a 300 BB stack.. I get 23s UTG and I decide to open 4x with it... whole table folds around to him where he just smooth calls from the BB OOP.

Flop is 223! (I just flopped a boat, how should I tarp him?@)

I bet $3 into it trying to build the pot, he smooth calls.

Turn is J I believe. I now bet $6, once again he check/calls again.

River is a 5 of spade.
As I'm waiting for him to check, suprisingly he leads into me for $14+ into the already $20 pot... so I'm like, is this really happening? Is he block betting me, thinking he's trapped me up until this point?

I think not, and I know I have to shove here and if he has me coolered with a donked out higher boat, then so be it. And I shove ARRRRIIIINN!!!

I raised $80+ more at $50 NL and he insta calls it! He flips over A4 for just a wheel as I finally took down the donk I couldn't get a grasp (or hands) on for most of the night.

First 400+ BB pot of November.... Ship it.