View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: 50/100 interesting river decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my experience w/ tommy is that if anything he is a bit too passive (bad UTG raised, 1 cold caller, i 3bet TT on the button he called QQ in the sb), but other than that a great player. i've never seen him tilt of get out of line, though to be fair my sample size w/ him is pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

You either are thinking of the wrong Tommy or maybe only played 5 hands with him. He can get aggro and can tilt hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

tommy: lanky, maybe 5'8-5'10, friends w/ josh et.al.

i've played literally 2 times w/ him and never once saw him either a) get out of line, or b) get max value (i.e. since he was playing weak tight.

in fact, i played a hand badly against him specifically b/c i thought he was weak tight...it was the TT hand in fact.

some limper, some raise i 3 bet he cold calls QQ in the sb. all call.

flop 973 two spades i have Ts. checked to me i bet tommy c'r fold to me i think he has either a flush draw, a set here (i.e. AKs/AQsnot as likely or 99/77/not likely 33), or TT/88/77.

so instead of 3 betting or simply calling down, or calling the flop and turn and folding river, i decide to call and raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet.

turn falls and he bets and i raise and he 3bets and i almost muck....but then i look at the freaking turn card:

Jx...meaning i pretty much have 6 outs here and can't fold.

so i call despite knowing that it is physically impossible to ever hit the card you need when you make a mistake like that...just karma or some other metaphysical force...

he checks the river and i check behind and he says 1 pair, queens, i say "good" and muck.

Barron