View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Exploitive play question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like your theoretical understanding is right, but if you start doing something like always calling with bluff catchers most OPPs will adapt pretty quickly... usually if you're going to keep playing this OPP it's better to just call with bluff catchers a lot (but not all) of the time so you continue to understand how they think in these situations. Our knowledge of our opponent might be something more like:

OPP bluffs too much in situation X while I employ a strategy of calling with bluff catchers 75% of the time, but OPP never bluffs while I call with bluff catchers 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wasn't worrying about an adapting opponent--I was just curious about the theory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but while it's tough to exactly quantify how much of the OPP's range hs is bluffing with, you can exactly quantify the indifference threshold of calling or folding for any given bet and then see if, given the current circumstances, the OPP is bluffing more or less of his range than that IT and play accordingly (call or fold), right?

You'd take the OPP's adaption into account when determining his bluffing range.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could make very good estimations, yes. But such analysis would only be useful as an avenue for more complicated and less discrete strategies which would actually be employable against a human opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the words but not the overall concept, hehe. Can you explain?