View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Set up the card room as a non-profit. Hire an experienced and successful non-profit fundraiser. I think money would rain down into such a non-profit from all the wealthy people in the US who love poker.

Charge a membership fee: $25 annually, with prizes and levels and stuff if you give more, like all non-profits. I.e. 'World Champion' level giving of $50,000 or more gets you an entry to the WSOP and all the prizes from lower levels.

You don't think rich poker players like Gates and Soros would donate significant funds to such a non-profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

either my sarcasm detector is broken or I don't get the point.
I considered the first paragraph to be a joke [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is supporting the widening availability and legalization of a game that you love. Millions of people love the game of poker. Every one of them is a potential supporter.
[ QUOTE ]

And no, I don't think anyone would admit publicly that he "posted 1.000.000 for hungry children, 1.000.000 for peace and 1.000.000 for gambling for free".

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has to publicize their donation if they are worried about fall-out from the religious right.

[ QUOTE ]

If Tuff Fish gets some advertisement this idea can work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if you can fit ads in with the non-profit business model. I'm not sure about Tuff's plans, just thinking.

You might well have to limit the number of states it's available in severely at first, maybe even just pick the most favorable single one to start with to try to get it up and running without an expensive legal battle.