Thread: 2007 MLS Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: 2007 MLS Thread

[ QUOTE ]
This is the first year that I've followed the MLS. I've really enjoyed the season, but I think that the playoff system sucks. Why have the conference finals be one game, but the semifinals are a two legs? Having a one game playoff works for the NFL, but upsets are less likely in football than they are in soccer. Too many teams make the playoffs, which only exacerbates the problem of having a crapshoot playoff system. Plus the final is on a Sunday during the NFL season. wtf don't they realize that there are people who like both soccer and football? Why not at least put it on a Saturday and hope that it's a weak college football weekend, or have it on a weeknight (like the college football national championship, which realizes that it can't compete with the NFL).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I would think the MLS Cup would get a better rating on a Tuesday night on ESPN. If Americans want playoffs, then fine, but at the very least the conference finals should be home and away. Also, I think the teams should just be seeded 1 thru 8 regardless of conference.