View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: assassin\'s Creed

I'm three guys in so far.

Gorgeous world for the most part and I've had many "wow thats sick" moments visually, but it feels like the epic feeling of the world is totally inconsistent with the game itself. The kills are fun, the running and climbing is fun, but it just doesn't match up. It kind of feels like the world was made by a first rate developer and the gameeplay by a second rate one.

I can't help but get excited though at the thought that soon enough Final Fantasies/other RPGs will have worlds that look and feel like this.

That being said, I'm enjoying it, but I'm a huge sucker for games that give a good/interesting atmosphere, and this one sure as hell has that.

My biggest complaints are little things really, like how Ubisoft thinks I'm slow enough that they need to highlight all enemies for me, thanks guys, a simple cursor would have been just fine. The repetition of NPC chatter is REAL annoying too, every monk in different accents says the same damn things, and if I hear "YOU DARE STEAL RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME?" or whatever again I'm gonna jab my eyes out.

Also, the "twist" is horribly gay, I know they have bigger plans for it or whatever, but it's so unnecessary and having to go to that stupid room just kills the flow of the game for me.

Altairs voice acting life tilts me too.