View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did these comnpanies who produced shoddy products prosper? I think not and that is the beauty of free market capitalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't much beyond an 'LOL' that this deserves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me an example of a company that is thriving by ripping people off so I can start loling. That only entity that thrives off rippoing off people is one that uses force to do it, like the Government.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are tons of companies that made money ripping people off. As an example, scammers who rip off old people through shady means generally don't go bankrupt because of bad publicity, they get caught by people who report them to the government. That doesn't mean I am for govt regulation, but you are naive to keep repeating this fallacy that the market cures all ills and nobody can profit through underhanded means or crappy products. I'm really getting sick of you free marketeers who have to make up these stupid assertions to defend your beliefs. Your beliefs are much more defendable without such silliness.

Edit: It's like if you want to argue that Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever, you don't need to assert that he can jump 40 feet and never misses from half court in order to do so. You only look like a fool if you try that and people are rightfully skeptical of your knowledge of basketball and suspicious of any other claims you might make regarding it.