View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: What don\'t you get ? It does not take a genius.

This is going to be my last post in this retarded thread. I only posted here to begin with because I feel that flaming anyone who doesnt love the current "standard" rake structure is wrong. SOOOOOOOO many people on here dont even think about it and just like to try and make other people feel stupid.

I dont think anyone on here has said that the games were unbeatable becuse of the rake, but so many people have responded as if they did. Maybe OP was a bit whiny, but still why can there not be a civil conversation about the price we pay to play a game online? So many [censored] on here flaming others for their opinion when they have no proof, just opinion themselves. Pretty lame.

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing...the poker sites have MANY levels on which they can compete: software, customer service, cashout options, player base, rake. The reason other sites aren't being crushed by WPEX is likely that they are being beaten in several other areas.

WPEX has proven that marketing "higher rakeback" doesn't work that well, and I think "lower rake" would be a poor idea as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if WPEX is losing in the other areas why does this prove that a lower rake cant work? WTF? Do you see how you are contradicting yourself. You are right that WPEX is unsuccessful because of software, customer service, and advertising issues.

WHY DOES THIS SHOW THAT LOWER RAKE DOESNT WORK? You are saying that WPEX failed for reasons other than their rake so why does this mean that their rake wont work?? Does this make sense?

On top of that, I was talking about a MAJOR site lowering their rake, not an unknown site offering 100% rakeback. There is a HUGE difference. Let WPEX go.

[ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that Stars is already exploring this with their SNE program. I would think they would prefer offering more player rewards if they were going to do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they are. The player rewards are all illusions to distract you from the high rake. You say, "the rake may be high, but at least I get tons of fpps and this is just like rakeback." Y not just have a lower rake? In the end they are the same thing except for a couple of important points:
How many players reach SNE?
How many SNE players are fish?
Why is it good for the site to reward players who are already probably winning instead of the players who are losing?
Would their games grow more and become fishier if EVERYONE got a good rake reduction instead of just those who play a ton?
Of course. The fish just dont benefit much from the player reward progs. You gotta feed the fish to feed the sharks.

So why are player reward programs better than a lower total rake?
IMO player reward programs are just designed to distract you from the issue. Its pretty fishy to fall for that.