View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Which currency system do you think is best?

[ QUOTE ]
"keeping the money supply 100% fixed does restrain economic growth."

Let's say we went from 1900 to 2000 without a war. 300 million people now. 100 million in 1900? A lot less dollars per person.

Therefore, my father-in-law, who constantly complains about the cost of living, would not be complaining. Correct?

I assume I am correct, because his money would be worth a lot more than it is today.

He built what he has by buying a ranch, fixing it up, buying another, then going thru 4 houses fixing them up, after retiring from the VA police dept.

So, he has a house, worth 350k in a city where the avg house goes for 250k, of which he holds the deed, SSI, retirement from the police dept. and 425k.

So, the Federal Reserve, by creating more, is stealing from him and giving to the rich?

That's what I tell him.

He thinks it was the unions demanding more pay for workers. I can't convince him, but then, he's 85 yrs old. He borrowed to buy his two ranches and never borrowed again.

He never owned a credit card until his wife finally convinced him of the need to maintain a credit history. When she died, they owed a total of about $1500.00 on various cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what you're saying. can you sum up your point in a coherent sentence please?

thanks,

Barron