View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]

1. Donations. You have a "tip the dealer" or some sort of setting that allows the player to throw a buck or some set % back for ongoing support. At every B&M that I know, the players tip the dealers voluntarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to burst bubbles, but both of your ideas would probably make the site illegal in many states. Remember most states allow for poker provided the people operating the game do not make any money from it.

1. Donations:
In California and Colorado, if a rake, even just a small kitty for food donations are allowed, it is not longer considered a home game. Granted the home game will not likely get busted for accepting pizza money, this would allow an angle for busts if local policing agencies want to go after the rakefree site based in the US.

2. someone else donations to charity.

Hugely bad idea. I did some research on charity poker in California. I also work for a few companies that deal charity poker in California. It is legal to hold tournaments for charity within the state. PRIZE POOLS CAN NOT RETURN MORE THANT 10% to the players. No prize can be larger than $1,000. Tournaments can not last longer than 4 hours. I dont think any player would want to play under those conditions as a way to fund a rakefree site.