View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: SSNL, what\'s your story?

Started playing 10 nl in March, had great coaching help from multiple 200/400 NL players. With their help, I got up to 100 nl sometime this summer. I just started grad school, and so far, I've been lucky enough to have paid for my tuition, rent, and computer all from just a few hours a day hunting fish. Poker isn't really my ultimate ambition, but rather a method of getting there, but I really enjoy it (except when people hit sick 2 and 4 outers on me for stacks). Since I've never uploaded my own cash, I feel like whatever I make is great, and it doesn't bother me quite as much when I lose a stack (though, like I said, I still don't like it). I've also been lucky enough to meet some great people, and hopefully our friendships will last after we decide to move on from poker.

Speaking of which, I'm always looking to meet new players that I can learn from or that can learn from me, so if you are in Eugene, OR (where I'm doing grad school) or know how to use AIM, message me on here and I'll send you my AIM name.