View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Knock, knock (important stuff inside)

2. I disagree with entirely. In fact, I think that never checkraising with the betting lead is a leak.

5. I disagree here too. You will get a lot more value with 44 on a 46K board against a tight player who raised pre than you would if you had lead.

8. Yea, I disagree again here too. I love the double check raise.

9. Meh, maybe. Most opponents at these levels dont c bet on the basis of how often you check raise (come to think of it, I think this applys to higher as well.) C betting is more a function of board texture.

I applaud your attempt, but all in all, I think that there are some flaws in your thinking here. Check raising in nlhe is one of those things that there is a lot of grey area. In general, a cookbook approach wont work well. Rather, a list of things to consider when making the decision to check raise is a much better approach as checkraising is something that is going to be gameflow/metagame dependent.

One thing that I would like to add to your list though, is that in general, when you check raise you should know exactly how you are going to respond to your opponents possible actions. In other words, your range should be highly polarized when you make this play.