View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: November 14th: House Judiciary Committee Hearing Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Frank's bill, as I said, needs work before it gets a 100% support rating from me. But TE makes the excellent point (as usual) that supporting moving the Frank bill forward is momentum in the right direction and keeps our enemies on the defensive. There is nothing bad about supporting the Frank bill "in general" while saying that it still needs work on the finer points to become truly good legislation. I am sure the PPA will lobby for corrections to those finer points before it comes to a real vote. Also, Barney Frank was the first, and for a while the only, congressperson to stick up for our right to play as a matter of personal freedom. He deserves our support for that, if not our 100% agreement with his legislation.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take issue with this. The Frank Bill is bad for us if State's can easily opt out. Also some of our biggest supporters get screwed with the Frank Bill, at least that is the way it seems to me. Today everyone can play, to be legal a site like FTP will have to determine where and who a player is. Sites like FTP and Stars aren't guaranteed anything with the Frank bill and that is BS, they have been on the front line.

That doesn't mean I don't support Barney Frank but that bill will make things illegal in certain places and that is counterproductive to our agenda.

Please tell me why I am wrong on this, I just don't believe supporting what I believe to be a bad bill is good for everyone and it scares me that people on our side don't know what it will do. When Annie was asked she blanked. Surely I would think Howard and Chris and the boys know the direction they are steering this ship.

Remember, don't focus on the fact that what we have is awful because it isn't. Focus on the fact that this will define "legal" and will cause people to get arrested if we do it the wrong way.

I want to be wrong, so please tell me that I am.