View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
thing really good post imo. the only point i donīt agree on with you is that limiting the number of tables imo is no a good idea. I did that every time i tried to move up to 200nl and i started doing fancy stuff and consequently lost money. last time i tried to move up to 200nl (this weekend) is just continued 8 tableing played my solid TAG game and beat the games at imo a very good rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're right if you assume people get too fancy when they play less tables. If you need more tables to force you to play nitty/TAG, then that may work for you. My point was that you can't really focus on the nuances of the new limit if you're just focused on folding and playing the same nitty way you played at your previous limit. I'm not saying you won't be a winner - you probably will be. However, you're become much more vulnerable to aggression because you haven't taken the time to adjust your play. You'll probably fold to most 3bets, and not 4bet in spots where it's warranted. You also don't get as good of reads, so when someone is constantly 2-barreling you with air and you're folding turns that you should be raising, you're missing value. I'm not saying you should stay at a low # of tables. Maybe you only need 5k hands to adjust instead of 10k. I just think you need some amount of adjustment time where you really focus and think about your every move before getting back to playing more of an autopilot style.