View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: 10-20, fold or call down?

Hand 1:
I actually like raising JTs here, as this hand plays well multiway, and a bigger pot actually helps you. I don't like the flop call, as you are drawing to 3 outs, frequently, and the pot is too small. Additionally, you don't close the action (but that is close - only SB left to act). I like your turn raise. Given your read on BB, I call this river. Bad LAGs like to bluff and you're getting 9.5:1 on the call. I'd probably call getting 3:1 with that read.

Hand 2:
You can certainly fold ATo UTG+2 with a limper already in the pot. If you're going to play it, raising is probably correct. You can certainly fold this turn, but deciding that LP has AK is fine. If you call the turn, you have to call the river - which is why you fold the turn.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 27.050% 24.95% 02.10% 505 42.50 { AcTd }
Hand 1: 72.950% 70.85% 02.10% 1434 42.50 { TT+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }

Getting 9:2 means that this is actually a call down given this range.

Hand 3:
[ QUOTE ]
My image may be getting LAGgy due to running good.

I raise A 9 in UTG +1

[/ QUOTE ]
Gee, I wonder why they think you're LAGgy. In many games, it is ok to limp a9s here, in other games, it is a fold. That is, in passive games, it is ok to play passively first in, in EP. Given that you have a LAGgy image, you should be more inclined to not raise this trash. As for the rest of the hand, the river doesn't matter. Make your decision on the turn. Fold there, or call down regardless.

From these hands, it appears you have two holes in your game. Your EP raising standards appear too light. Secondly, and more importantly, you seem to have turn problems. I used to play with this SLAGgy guy, who I initially had pegged as a fish, but learned (or thought I learned) that he was actually a winning player. He used to curse out players in the chat box, and I love to chat, so I'd talk back to him. We became admiring poker acquiantences. Whenever we were sitting at the same table that'd break, we'd keep that table open and chat sometimes. Anyway, he passed along this basic philosophy: Bad flop calls lead to bad turn calls which lead to bad river calls. This philosophy is how he could make is stupid-agro, too loose style of play work. This may be a problem with your overall game.