Thread: JJ river play
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: JJ river play

Bet/folding is horrible in theory.At the poker table it is maybe the best option after all.But Iīm not totally convinced.
After 3-betting turn your hand is face up. You have 66-AA and maybe some xdxd hands.If you bet/fold here a thinking villain will Valuebluff raise you all day long.He is getting 12.75:1 putting in the raise if he already intends to call you.And he is getting great odds to raise even if he doesnīt intend to call.Not that I give many villains credit for having the guts or the brain to do it and that often includes myself.
But there is also villains that donīt have brains which raise this river for different reasons and accidentally makes a good play.
Generally speaking I donīt like bet/folding rivers unless our opponent is really predictable or loose passive.
Because if they are we have a player that is stupid enough to call with less than JJ and can at the same time find a relatively safe fold to a raise.
By check/calling we are getting value owned but we see a showdown and occassionally we induce a stupid bluff or a light value bet.