View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Default oath for playing the extreme lag

"Villian is extremely LAG"

i will try to get into a raising war on the flop. if that fails i will try to get into a raising war on the turn. i will not worry about or care too much if he ends up having me beat; i will just happily give him the extra bets he is entitled to for the action he brings. i will do the above happily smiling and vigorously throwing in chips carelessly. i will expect this type of opponent to do the same with me whether he has me beat or not because i will have set in his mind from previous encounters that it is fun and exciting to get into raising wars with me whether he has me beat or not. i will follow the theory that lags give action so lags get action and i will expect to win tons from them because i will make it my goal to be the one they seek out and like playing pots with. i will still play tighter than them and i will still use more poker sense than them, but i will do all i can to isolate them and teach them to love splashing chips with me. i will befriend them and i will not get angry when they beat my head in with rags, i will instead laugh and share in their glee as they wreak havoc on otherwise sane sensible responsible gambling. i will recognize the difference between lags that are full of the gambool who almost always lose and the rare expert lag who intends to dismantle my game by tilting me into more of a lag than him (in fact my ultimate goal as a player will be to become this type of player myself if so inclined and able). i will respect the value of the lag and what he teaches us about the game and the profits he so dearly provides.

(inspired by death donkey's deuces crakced article "lags get paid")