View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Why people start playing poker and why nits play poker?

Do you think these nits are winning players? If so, I'd say they got involved in poker because they heard you could make money, and that's exactly what they've done. That would seem obvious.

I'm assuming these nits are not very good, and just way too tight and risk-averse to make poker profitable at anything other than microlimits. If that's the case, then my guess is they love the ANTICIPATION of a big hand. They don't even care that nobody ever gives them action (since a raise from them = the nuts). They just can't wait for the next time they flop trips or turn the nut flush with AKs. They are obviously very patient people, and don't mind waiting a while between these big hands.

Also, they probably feel like they are winning players, because they usually show down the best hand. The times where they lose at showdown, it's usually because they got "sucked out on" by some "donk" (named Vinetou [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) chasing a flopped straight flush draw against their TPTK. So even then they still see themselves as a better player, but just unlucky that hand.